Skip to main content
BACK TO TOP
- Information presented on this site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- This website may provide users with health information for educational purposes only. We urge you to consult with a qualified health care provider for diagnoses and for answers to your personal medical questions.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- Links to "external sites"—those not maintained by the NICHD, NIH, or HHS—are provided only for convenience. The HHS, NIH, and NICHD are not responsible in any way for external sites and do not endorse or support the products, services, or information that they may describe or offer. Please note that non-government sites may have privacy and other policies that are different from the policies of this site.
- When visiting our site, your Web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These advertisements were most likely produced by other sites you visited or by third party software installed on your computer. The NICHD, NIH, and HHS do not endorse or recommend products or services for which you may view a pop-up advertisement on your computer screen while visiting the site.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to the Webmaster at email@example.com.